Fashion business course “How to grow internationally” is a 3-day practical seminar taught by fashion industry professionals. We will be covering the essential parts of the fashion business: Branding, PR & Communication, Sales, Production, Finance and Legal.
Day 1: Sales & Digital Marketing:
- Meet the buyers: Learn about fashion buying, merchandising, brand positioning & product development from top fashion industry buyers and brand consultants (taught by Karen)
- Meet the agents: Learn about the wholesale fashion business, meet sales agents and understand how to effectively grow your wholesale business (taught by Evelina)
- E-Commerce and Digital Marketing: Find-out how to grow your brand online from a top-notch luxury digital marketing and E-Commerce consultants
Day 2: Production, Legal & Finance
- Raising funds: Fashion Crowdfunding and alternative investment opportunities (taught by Ada)
- Financial Planning: Understand your cash flow and sheet-balance, learn it the easy way (taught by Indre)
- Production: Meet the production consultant and learn how to work with the factories, source raw materials and select the best manufacturer.
- Meet the Designer: A talk from a successful UK fashion brand
Day 3: Brand PR & Communication Strategies + a Masterclass by Alison Lowe MBE
- Communication Strategies: Discover your unique story angle, define your brand voice and master your PR pitch in this interactive workshop with the Fashion Bloc agency founder (taught by Ieva)
- Influencer Marketing: How to nail influencer marketing and avoid scam.
- Aspiration vs Reality: A masterclass by Alison Lowe OBE to understand the realities of the London (and not only) fashion industry and answer your burning question: is this for you? (taught by Alison)
The course will end with an exciting industry panel discussion and a drinks reception at Istituto Marangoni.
The course will be delivered by industry professionals in the interactive format with a question and answer sessions / presentations / master classes / panel discussions / visits. Each teacher will spend 1-2 hours with the course participants.
Industry professionals will include buyers, sales agents, PR professionals, bloggers, branding specialists, digital marketers, financial consultants, and industry influencers. You can meet some of our speakers on our Speakers page.
In partnership with Istituto Marangoni London, course participants will have an opportunity to network with industry professionals and the brightest MA students of the university.
At the end of this course you will:
- Have a greater understanding of the UK and International fashion market
- Understand what you will need to ensure success in growing internationally
- Have a better understanding of the UK stores and what buyers and agents are looking for
- Have a greater understanding of the workings of the UK press, bloggers and social media and know the tools you will need to generate press coverage
- Have made new contacts
And your journey doesn’t end here. Our partners will offer special prizes to the selected brands including a 1-to-1 after-course mentoring.
To see the detailed descriptions of each module, please visit our Speakers page where you can meet some of our speakers.