Day 1: Selling Your Brand in the UK
Morning Session (Location – WeWork, 1 Primrose st.)
- Aspiration versus Reality – an overview of the UK market and emerging designers
- Meet the buyer – a practical session with the key fashion buyer
Afternoon Session ( Location – Broadgate Quarter, 9 Appold St)
- Meet the agent – a presentation and Q&A session with a sales agent
- Signature style – how to create and what to avoid in your product photography & presentation
Day 2: Meet the Insiders and Seal the Deal
Morning Session (Location – Moda Operandi Showroom followed by a retail tour in Central London)
- Guided Retail Tour & meet at the boutique with a private guided tour to the Moda Operandi Showroom in London Moda Mews.
Afternoon Session (Location – Central London)
- Meet the insider: Showing at London Fashion Week – where to show, the application process.
- Legal & Financial advice – from legal Brexit effects on the international relationships to finding right investment for your brand
Day 3: Marketing & Sales (Location – Istituto Marangoni, Fashion St)
- Marketing and PR – a morning with a UK based fashion PR professional
- A Q&A with a London-based designer brand.
- The Secrets of attracting customers online – a Q&A session with the luxury E-Commerce expert.
- Panel Discussion followed by a Networking reception – a chance to make contacts and meet industry people in collaboration with a prestigious Istituto Marangoni. You will have an opportunity to personally meet and talk with course teachers and other special guests, fashion industry insiders in the informal environment.
The course will be delivered by industry professionals in the interactive format with a question and answer sessions / presentations / master classes / panel discussions / visits.
Industry professionals will include buyers, agents, PR professionals, bloggers, journalists, stylists, photographers, branding specialists, fashion week directors and industry influencers.
In partnership with Istituto Marangoni London, course participants will have an opportunity to network with industry professionals and the brightest MA students of the university.
At the end of this course you will:
- Have a greater understanding of the UK market
- Understand what you will need to ensure success in breaking into the UK market
- Have a better understanding of the UK stores and what buyers and agents are looking for
- Have a greater understanding of the workings of the UK press, bloggers and social media and know the tools you will need to generate press coverage
- Have made new contacts
And your journey doesn’t end here. Our partners will offer special prizes to the selected brands including a 1-to-1 after-course mentoring with a leading London fashion agency Felicities.
To see the detailed descriptions of each module, please visit our Speakers page.